iTOUGH2 software qualification
S. Finsterle, K. Pruess, and P. Fraser
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Report LBNL-39489, 1996
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Earth Sciences Division
University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720
Summary. The purpose of this report is to provide all software baseline documents necessary for the software qualification of iTOUGH2. iTOUGH2 is a computer program providing inverse modeling capabilities for TOUGH2. TOUGH2 is a numerical simulation code for multi-dimensional coupled fluid and heat flow of multiphase, multicomponent fluid mixtures in porous and fractured media. Software qualification of the TOUGH2 simulation program is described in Pruess et al. (1996).
In accordance with Yucca Mountain Project (YMP) / Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), all components of the specified baseline documentation are provided. This report contains the following sections: Requirements Specification, Design Description, Software Validation Test Plan and Report, Software User Documentation, and Appedices. These sections comprise sequential parts of the Software Life Cycle.
- Ghezzehei, T. A., R. C. Trautz, S. Finsterle, P. J. Cook, and C. F. Ahlers, Modeling coupled evaporation and seepage in ventilated tunnels, Vadose Zone J., 3, 806–818, 2004, doi:10.2136/vzj2004.0806.
- Unger, A., S. Finsterle, and G. S. Bodvarsson, Transport of radon gas into a tunnel at Yucca Mountain—estimating large-scale fractured tuff hydraulic properties and implications for the ventilation system, J. Contam. Hydrol., 70, 152–171, doi:10.1016/j.jconhyd.2003.07.001, 2004, doi: 10.1016/j.jconhyd.2003.07.001
- Finsterle, S., C. F. Ahlers, R. C. Trautz, and P. J. Cook, Inverse and predictive modeling of seepage into underground openings, J. of Contam. Hydrol., 62–63, 89–109, doi:10.1016/S0169-7722(02)00174-2, 2003, doi: 10.1016/S0169-7722(02)00174-2.
- Finsterle, S., Using the continuum approach to model unsaturated flow in fractured rock, Water Resour. Res., 36(8), 2055–2066, doi: 10.1029/2000WR900122, 2000.
- Ahlers, C. F., S. Finsterle, and G. S. Bodvarsson, Characterization of subsurface pneumatic response at Yucca Mountain, J. Contam. Hydrol., 38(1–3), 47–68, doi: 10.1016/S0169-7722(99)00011-X, 1999.